Leading supplier of performance solutions for metallurgical, abrasive, and specialty chemical applications is seeking a 1st shift Laborer/Blender to join their growing team in Milan! You would be working for a well-established company that strives to be the leading provider of innovative steelmaking reagents, slag conditioners, and metal remediation materials consumed in both the North American and European markets.
Day shift: 6:00AM-3:30PM, Monday-Friday with some Saturdays
The purpose of this position is the setup, blending, and packaging of dry chemical powders and making sure all blending tools and equipment are maintained accordingly.
- Make mixes daily as required by specification (weigh and dump ingredients).
- Packaging material in bags, jumbo sacks, vessels or bulk tankers.
- Complete daily paperwork.
- Sample products that are produced for quality checks.
- Maintain clean and safe working environment.
- Assist maintenance department when required.
- Unload raw materials and load finished goods.
- Operate control panel.
- Handle hazardous materials safely.
- Must know how to safely operate all equipment used in the production area.
- General cleanup of production facility.
- Assist with training of new employees.
- Other duties, as assigned, by Plant Manager or Operations Director.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a production and/or manufacturing environment a plus.
- Employee must be punctual and dependable. Overtime may be required, where needed.
- Frequently works with gloves and eye protection.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Cooperative attitude towards co-workers and supervisors.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com