Shop Foreman, Taylor, MI
Position Type: Skilled Industrial
The Shop Foreman is responsible for the overall daily production shift operations. This includes, but not limited to; the placing and directing of the workforce, ensuring all production schedules are met, filling out daily reports as may be directed, providing employees with a safe and harassment free work area, ensuring the operators are at their work stations and working until it is time for cleanup, a clean plant throughout the shift, handling employee issues and acting as a link between the workforce and upper management, and the discipline of employees. The Foreman will also provide leadership to the hourly associates, provide feedback on their performance and coach those in need, ensure compliance with company and regulatory policies, and focus on core processes to deliver expected outputs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Verify the quality of the parts being produced and production goals are being met.
· Continuously check the performance of the production cells / areas.
· Make adjustments and personnel moves as needed to ensure maximum quality and production.
· Ensure setups are completed and checked then verified by quality.
· Following of all safety/MIOSHA and environmental rules.
· Comply with all Environmental/Safety Policies.
· Required to fill out all paperwork that is needed for product reporting.
· Perform other work as necessary per Plant Manager, Operations Manager, and Superintendent.
· Work with all supporting departments to ensure and maintain a safe, clean, organized, and productive work environment.
· Build a highly productive operational team that will continuously strive to propel WMG and its Union and Non-Union team into the future.
· Ensure there is good, clear, and concise communication between shifts and your employees.
· Seek personal, professional, and team growth.
· Take initiative and make the hard educated decisions without the need for constant assistance or supervision.
· Specific Training Required.
· Work with the Union Representatives to continue building a valued Company/Union Team and relationship.
· Treat all employees with respect and fairness, be consistent.
· Follow 5S and LEAN Principles.
· Work closely with the Scheduling and Shipping Department(s) to better schedule production and manpower placement.
· Follow up on all tasks.
· Forecast labor shortages and overages based on scheduled time off, absenteeism, production schedules, customer requirements, known maintenance issues (e.g. PM’s, machines or gauges sent out for repair, etc.), and training.
· Issue discipline to employees following company policies, the CBA, and plant rules.
· Carry yourself in a professional manor at all times.
· Safety, Quality, Production, in that order.
· Seek out solutions to problems that may hinder the production of quality parts.
· Run each shift with only the needed about of direct labor.
· Ensure that operators are working to the buzzers except when cleanup is required. Do not allow operators to leave their areas while waiting on buzzers.
· Walk plant floor at the end of shift to verify that you are leaving a clean plant with the proper build up for the next shift.
Must have working knowledge with all equipment operating on specific
Basic computer skills.
· Ability to communicate clearly, both written and orally.
· Knowledge of all Quality aspects as they pertain to your shift.
· Able identify and to maximize employee strengths.
· Ability work with other departments.
· Attend specific training for position.
· Able to write reports accurately and timely.
· Use your knowledge of labor-to-production scheduling (Manpower).
· Ability to direct a large Union workforce.
*Experienced in Automotive Environment
*Union Experience a MUST!
*Quality Auditor experience helpful
*Knowledge of 5S and Lean
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 /hour
- Production Machine Operator: 5 years